Sustainable Tourism Development Trainee/Specialist
Posted: July 12, 2021
Application deadline: August 5, 2021
Starting with entry level salary, benefits; opportunities to grow into leadership positions.
40 hours per week with flexible hours.
Location: Lander, Wyoming or remote
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Herrmann Global is a rapidly growing international tourism think tank that specializes in developing and promoting sustainable travel experiences to a global travel audience. With our responsible travel platforms Visit USA Parks and Untraveled, we utilize the latest technology and industry trends to efficiently connect lesser-known communities with the most relevant potential travel audience while providing education about sustainable travel.
We are actively seeking a highly creative Sustainable Tourism Development Specialistto join our team. This position will start as a traineeship for entry level business development, consulting global destinations about sustainable tourism practices leading to carbon neutral travel, avoiding tourism leakage, leave no trace principles, and respecting indigenous cultures. We are looking for a tenacious self-starter to help manage our existing clients and introduce new tourism marketing practices to attract the right travel audience and grow in the position and within the company.
The ideal candidate is a visionary go-getter who has analytical aptitude and experience identifying new business opportunities at scale. They are naturally curious and have the ability to forecast industry trends and anticipate outcomes. They must be able to successfully develop marketplace assessments and direction that supports the Business Development team in diversifying distribution channels, particularly in sustainable tourism development. They must be customer-centric and understand that lasting relationships are built around a mutually beneficial value exchange.
For candidates outside of the US, Herrmann Global will consider sponsoring the J1 traineeship visa for 12-18 months of training by our team headquartered in Wyoming, United States.
- Follow—and help develop—a vision, strategy, and account plan to achieve revenue and financial objectives.
- Grow the partnership channel through prospecting, selling, and supporting new digital marketing initiatives to generate sustainable travel.
- Identify business development opportunities by attending conferences, client meetings, and seeking professional development.
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating satisfied customers that can be referenced in future sales cycles.
- Identify the latest trends affecting our industry and make appropriate recommendations
- Work with team members to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
Requirements for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism/Marketing/Sustainability or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital marketing or sales/business development position.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Multilingual candidates are highly desirable.
Skill Requirements for all Herrmann Global positions
- Care more: exceptional customer service skills
- Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
- Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Herrmann Global business
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through travel)
About Herrmann Global
Redefining Travel & Hospitality Marketing
259 W Main Street, Suite 201
Lander, WY 82520
We are an innovative branding, marketing and publishing think-tank located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in the United States. We believe that travel can change the way we see the world, and we keep this at the core of our work creating content for experienced-based travel in global destinations. With destination stakeholders at the core of our strategy, we amplify unique and superior visitor experiences utilizing the latest digital and social media capabilities.
We strive to create #StoriesThatMatter for our clients and travelers, reigniting purpose and responsibility in the travel industry. After 18 years of hard work in global hospitality service, travel publishing, and destination branding, we know what motivates modern travelers: unique and personal depictions of extraordinary travel.
In a world with global competition, instant access, endless choices and social amplification travel brands today rise and fall quickly, based on their successful or unsuccessful promise to deliver this story to their core audience. We call it the Digital Age Of Superior Experiences where only a unique, relevant, authentic and visual connection will result in the absolute brand affinity. We own and manage two travel inspiration brands, Visit USA Parks and Untraveled to promote lesser-known destinations to international audiences.
About Visit USA Parks and Untraveled
Visit USA Parks is a global travel planning network and content creation platform serving communities interested in road trips and national park destinations in the U.S. We create and provide comprehensive travel planning content for superior travel experiences, such as park regulations, travel tips, road trip ideas, bucket list experiences and detailed trip itineraries.
Our Untraveled brand promotes responsible travel by connecting travelers with undiscovered places around the world via inspirational social media content. We work with global clients to recruit travel ambassadors to tell lesser-known destinations’ stories while advocating against overtourism. In addition to populating content for the Untraveled website and social community, we plan to launch a social app that will connect app users with unique experiences in untraveled destinations.
Herrmann Global is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, or status as a U.S. Veteran.