Multilingual Research Analyst
Posted: September 25, 2020
Approx. 20-40 hours per week with flexible hours
Location: Munich, Germany or remotely
For applications, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is an integral research role for the Herrmann Global team to analyze data and develop an overall strategy for the global travel inspiration and planning networks Visit USA Parks and Untraveled through social listening.
You will oversee social listening research on the Talkwalker software. You will collaborate directly with the European and U.S. team, including the following responsibilities:
- Build, analyze, and maintain social listening dashboards for clients
- Glean insights from data to create data-driven strategy approaches
- Build and send monthly reports of actionable insights to our clients
- Communicate directly with our clients to personalize dashboards for their desired insights
- Act as a troubleshooting liaison between clients and our Talkwalker services specialist
- Stay up-to-date with platform changes and updates
Experience and skill requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in the tourism marketing, advertising, data analysis, or management field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have communication skills and be able to communicate complex insights in a clear and concise manner
- Professional level of data analysis skills in foreign languages, such as English, German, Italian
- Understanding of the principles of data analysis and visualization
- Competency with learning new platforms and UI
- Understanding of Boolean language preferred
- Strong analytical and math skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation
- Comfortable presenting in front of clients and colleagues
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Meet absolute deadlines while exceeding client and team expectations
Skill Requirements for all Herrmann Global positions
- Care more: exceptional customer service skills
- Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
- Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Herrmann Global business
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through travel)
About Herrmann Global
Redefining Travel & Hospitality Marketing
259 W Main Street, Suite 201
Lander, WY 82520
We are an innovative branding, marketing and publishing think-tank located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in the United States. We believe that travel can change the way we see the world, and we keep this at the core of our work creating content for experienced-based travel in global destinations. With destination stakeholders at the core of our strategy, we amplify unique and superior visitor experiences utilizing the latest digital and social media capabilities.
We strive to create #StoriesThatMatter for our clients and travelers, reigniting purpose and responsibility in the travel industry. After 18 years of hard work in global hospitality service, travel publishing, and destination branding, we know what motivates modern travelers: unique and personal depictions of extraordinary travel.
In a world with global competition, instant access, endless choices and social amplification travel brands today rise and fall quickly, based on their successful or unsuccessful promise to deliver this story to their core audience. We call it the Digital Age Of Superior Experiences where only a unique, relevant, authentic and visual connection will result in the absolute brand affinity. We own and manage two travel inspiration brands, Visit USA Parks and Untraveled to promote lesser-known destinations to international audiences.
About Visit USA Parks and Untraveled
Visit USA Parks is a global travel planning network and content creation platform serving communities interested in road trips and national park destinations in the U.S. We create and provide comprehensive travel planning content for superior travel experiences, such as park regulations, travel tips, road trip ideas, bucket list experiences and detailed trip itineraries.
Our Untraveled brand promotes responsible travel by connecting travelers with undiscovered places around the
world via inspirational social media content. We work with global clients to recruit travel ambassadors to tell lesser-known destinations’ stories while advocating against overtourism. In addition to populating content for the Untraveled website and social community, we plan to launch a social app that will connect app users with unique experiences in untraveled destinations.